Monday, March 31, 2014

Koh-I-Noor Woodless pencils and Acrylics

Below is an impromptu quick pencil sketch using Koh-I-Noor colored woodless pencils.  These are an excellent medium for artists en plein air or those who enjoy quick in the moment sketches.  The pencils work best on a smooth surface paper rather than rough.  Here I drew on the textured side of Strathmore 140 lb. watercolor paper, but will use the smooth side on the next try. 
 
Koh-I-Noor colored pencils on watercolor paper


Acrylics (Liqutex student grade)

In this image, I simply placed notes of color on paper from a painting.  The purpose of this exercise was to understand the shift in value, temperature, color placement and color mixing.    

1 comment:

Laura said...

Christine, you and I are on a Koh-i-noor pencil kick, aren't we? Love visiting your blog and seeing all that you have been doing. There's so much here for the eye and mind to feast on! Bonne continuation!