Sunday, April 28, 2013

Color Wheels and Palettes



It's hard to believe it's been many months since I last posted.  I offer no excuses other than an attempt to do better.  I admit my preference is reading and following more interesting and creative bloggers who post frequently and have something profound to share.   Earlier in the year, I enrolled in a "color theory” class at the local junior college.  Much can be said about taking "accredited" classes of which I highly recommend.  Time has been well-spent expanding my knowledge of color principals and application.  Our first assignment was creating a color wheel using Liquitex Basics acrylic paints, an important lesson for aspiring artists.  
Basic Color Wheel (Pure hues, tints and shades)

My Personal Palette (Acrylics)







No comments: