Thursday, August 9, 2012

Summer Daze

I'm really not a "summer" person and dislike those hot days that leave me depleted and seemingly in a "daze."  With that said, I have no excuses for allowing my blog to lapse into neverland.  So I'll "summerize" the highlights of my summer thus far.  I made this Romanian Apple Cake apple cake for my daughter-in-law's July birthday.  Everyone loved it and my son asked that I make the same cake for his August birthday.


Another summer high was a visit to Sonoma, California.  I fell in love with this area noted for its vineyards, wineries and quaint downtown area of art galleries and boutiques.  To top it off, we had an amazing lunch at "The Girl and The Fig."  A very nice day!

1 comment:

Adrienne Shubin said...

Hi there!

Thank you for your comment on my blog.

I love The Girl and the Fig...am actually going to Sonoma with a girlfriend today and may be having lunch there. It's a wonderful place, isn't it?

Nice to "meet" you here in the blog world!

Adrienne