Friday, November 27, 2020

Keep Calm and Cook at Home

Spending more time at home, I'm slowly adapting to a new way of living and thinking. I miss those leisurely lunches at my favorite eateries now operating as "take out" or patio dining. For a quick lunch, I've become creative using "leftovers", a word I don't like. Here is a tasty, but simple dish I made using a small portion of leftover soho salmon: Saute and gently soften one cleaned and diced leek in good olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste. When leeks are soft, add a pinch of butter and one Yukon potato diced in 1/2" squares. Add 1/2 cup water and simmer until potatoes are soft but still slightly firm. Then add about a 1/2 cup milk and continue simmering until potatoes are soft. Add all ingredients to blender and liquify. Pour into a serving bowl. Then, add the leftover flaked salmon pieces that have been heated in a splash of olive oil (tip: use the same pot that you cooked the potatoes and leeks in). Pour about a tablespoon of fresh lemon juice onto the warm salmon and place on the top of the soup. A quick lunch!

No comments: